Required Documents for India Visa
All documents must be in English.
- Valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry into India
- At least 2 blank pages for stamping of the Immigration Officer
- Scanned bio page of passport with phot and details
- 2 Passport-sized photos
- In JPEG format, without borders, minimum of 10 KB and maximum of 300 KB, and plain white or light-colored background
- Frontal view with full face and eyes open, head should be centered within frame, head should measure between 1 to 1 3/8 inches or 25 to 35 mm
- Eye height should be between 1 1/8 inches to 1/3 inches, full head from top of the hair to the bottom of the chin, and no shadows on the face of the background
- Return ticket or forward ticket to another destination after your stay in India
- Proof of sufficient money to spend while in India
- Completed application form
India Visa Application Steps
- Gather all the required documents.
- Fill out the application form.
- Go to the official Indian website for visa application. Select your country, the embassy or consulate where you will submit your application, and your nationality. Put your date of birth, key in your email address, re-enter your email address, key in your expected date of arrival in India, select Tourism as the type of visa, and select the purpose of visit and continue.
- Complete the form in English, upload your photo and check the details on the summary page before submitting the application form online. The completed and submitted application form online must be printed out and signed. Applicants must take note of the Application ID which is automatically generated after submitting the application.
- Schedule an Indian visa appointment.
- Applicant will be asked if they want to schedule an appointment and make the visa payment online or if they just wish to print the submitted application form, submit it with the supporting documents, and make the payment at the Indian Mission.
- Those who wish to make the payment online will be redirected to another link where they can select their preferred date and time of appointment at the selected Indian Mission and calculate all the charges applicable to the visa application.
- Those who wish to make the payment at the Indian Mission or VAC can just schedule an Indian visa appointment.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Submit the Indian visa application form.
- Submit the completed application form, supporting documents and pay the application fee at the Indian Mission (only applicable to those who didn’t pay online). Applicants will be notified by the Indian Mission or VAC if their visa application is successful or not. Applicants will be advised if they need to collect their visa from the Indian Mission or VAC or arrange for it to be sent back to them via post
Note: The e-payment facility is not available at all Indian missions. Whenever it is not available, applicants are requested to submit their application to the Mission or to the VAC (Visa Application Center) along with their supporting documents, and pay the application fee there.
India Visa Fees
The visa application fee depends on the type and validity. There may also be other applicable fees. At the end of the registration process, the applicant will be able to see the basic fee. However, that is different from the final fee that will be charged at the respective counter. Note that all fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the visa application.
When to Apply
Applicants are advised to apply for an eVisa at least 4 days before the date of the intended travel date.
Where to Apply
Applications for an Indian visa can be done online through the official website. The completed application form must be printed out after it has been submitted online and submitted along with the supporting documents and passport to the Indian Mission or VAC.
India Visa Processing Time
The processing time for an Indian visa application takes a minimum of three working days. However, there are special cases that might take a longer time to process.
For approved visa applications:
Applicants will be advised if they need to collect their visa from the Indian Mission or VAC or arrange for it to be sent back to them via post.