Dubai is one of the world’s top travel destinations for its sunny beaches and sand dunes, luxury hotels and resorts, world-class shopping and entertainment, and state-of-the-art buildings and skyscrapers.
The eligibility criteria for a Dubai visa vary based on your nationality. Certain nationalities can travel to Dubai visa-free or obtain a visa upon arrival, whereas others must apply for a Dubai tourist visa before traveling. Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nationals are exempt from visa requirements when entering Dubai. Additionally, many other nationalities are eligible for a visa on arrival, typically valid for a short stay. However, tourists from countries that are neither visa-exempt nor eligible for a visa on arrival need to apply for a tourist visa prior to their travel to Dubai.
Depending on your travel plan, tourist visas to the UAE can be issued for 30 or 60 days in duration, single or multiple entry.
- 30-day, short-term tourist, single-entry, extendable
- 30-day, short-term tourist, multiple-entry, extendable
- 60-day, long-term tourist, single-entry, extendable
- 60-day, long-term tourist, multiple-entry, extendable
Required Documents for Dubai Tourist Visa
To apply for a Dubai Tourist Visa, the applicant must fulfill the following set of requirements.
The following are the requirements to apply for a Dubai Tourist Visa:
- Completed visa application form
- One (1) color photograph on white background
- One (1) color copy of passport, which must be valid for at least 6 months
- Confirmed airline booking
- Note: Depending on your country of citizenship and the UAE sponsor you are applying through (airline, travel agent, hotel), additional documents may be required.
Dubai Tourist Visa Application Steps
Once the applicant has gathered all the required documents, applying for a Dubai Tourist Visa is a very easy, hassle-free process.
- Fill out the application form:
- The application form is filled out online by either the applicant or sponsor.
- Pay the visa fees
- The applicant pays the Dubai Tourist Visa fee to the sponsor, which may include additional service charges.
- Submit Visa Application:
- After filling out the application form, it is then submitted by the sponsor to the relevant government agencies on the applicant’s behalf.
- Receive the visa
- Once approved, the applicant will receive their Dubai Tourist Visa to their email inbox or through their sponsor.
Dubai Tourist Visa Fees
Dubai Tourist Visa fees vary depending on the type of visa being applied for, whether single or multiple entry and 30 or 90 days stay duration. Additional service fees may be applied, depending on the sponsor processing the visa application.
Where to apply for Dubai Tourist Visas
- Dubai Tourist Visas can be applied through approved hotels, travel agencies, tour operators, and airlines, including Emirates Airlines and FlyDubai. Applicants can also be sponsored by a UAE resident or company.
- Travelers can also apply for a Dubai Tourist Visa through web portals and mobile applications, or through authorized third-party websites and service centers.
- Authorized UAE travel agents and hotels can arrange Dubai Tourist Visas provided applicants purchase the airline ticket and/or maintain hotel reservations through their agency or specific hotel establishment. Travelers can also go through travel agencies in their own country that offer UAE tourist packages in association with UAE tour operators. We advise travelers to verify the legitimacy of travel agents and only send copies of official documents and make payment of fees only after confirmation of the tour operator’s authenticity.
Family members and close relatives who are UAE residents can apply for a visa on your behalf at Emirates Airlines ticketing offices within the UAE. This service is only applicable to UAE residents.
- Please note that UAE embassies and foreign missions do not issue Dubai Tourist Visas.
Dubai Tourist Visa Processing Time
Dubai Tourist Visas are normally processed within 4 business days.
Validity for Dubai Tourist Visa
All Dubai Tourist Visas have a validity date for 60 days from the date of visa issuance.
Please note that the visa validity date is the period of time that the visa is valid for from the date of issue. This is not to be confused with the duration of stay, which is the period of time the traveler is allowed to stay within the UAE.
Dubai 48-hour and 96-hour Transit visas are valid for 30 days from their visa issuance date. It is important to note that Dubai Transit Visas are not tourist visas.
Dubai Tourist Visa Extensions
Approved Dubai Tourist Visas can be extended twice for 30 days each time, without the need to leave the country.